Create Firebase Project
- Create a Firebase project in the Firebase console, if you don't already have one. If you already have an existing Google project associated with your mobile app, click Import Google Project. Otherwise, click Create New Project.
- Click Add Firebase to your Android app and follow the setup steps. If you're importing an existing Google project, this may happen automatically and you can just download the config file.
- When prompted, enter your app's package name. It's important to enter the package name your app is using; this can only be set when you add an app to your Firebase project.
- At the end, you'll download a
google-services.jsonfile. You can download this file again at any time.
- If you haven't done so already, copy this into your project's module folder, typically
- Press the gear icon and select Project settings.
- Select the Cloud Messaging tab and take note of the Server key.
Configure Push Notifications for WordPress
- Go to Push Notifications → Settings → Android tab.
- Enter the server key you have selected for this project in Google API Key.
- Click Save Settings.